Click To Download This Video.
Please Distribute To Everyone You Can! - Thank You!
Make Your Own Videos Using the FREE www.xtranormal.com Software.
Never A Charge To Download - Distribute In Any Way You Desire!
Make Your Own Animations Using the FREE www.xtranormal.com Software
|This Is My Statement of Faith
I believe that:
Prayer is absolutely essential to my effectiveness.
This is God’s ministry.
Only as God works will I see lives truly changed for eternity.
The Bible is the inspired Word of God, and it is the Christian's final authority from God.
The birth of Jesus is evidence of His deity in that He was virgin born and is God in the flesh.
The blood of Christ, shed on Calvary, is the only atonement for man's sin.
The burial and the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus and His ascension into heaven are literal facts.
The believers are called "the Church", which is composed of all those who, by faith, have accepted Christ as Savior and Lord.
The blessed hope of those who, by faith, have accepted Christ as Savior and Lord, is the personal return of the Lord Jesus to take all believers to heaven.
Those who reject God's plan of salvation will be condemned to everlasting punishment.
I fully believe in the Trinity with God as the Father, Jesus as the Son and the Holy Spirit sent by God to be our comforter. The Godhead, three in one.
|Many new viewers have joined over the last few weeks. So, I want to share a little more of my vision for children's ministry. I'm praying that God will use these ideas to encourage you.
What core values should transcend your curriculum and ministry methods?
When the children you teach turn 30 what will really matter in their lives?
I am constantly asking these kinds of questions and praying for wisdom. Time and time again I've returned to the following four principles.When all the extras are removed - these are the things that matter most in children's ministry.
1. Children's Ministry must be God-Centered. This means that in our teaching, we must emphasize the greatness of God. The Bible is first and foremost a book about God. We want our children to see how strong and big and faithful and loving and majestic and smart and satisfying our God is. Psalm 34:8 says, "Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!" This is my prayer for the children I teach - that they would experience God in such a way as to develop a lifelong desire for Him.So when times of trouble come they will take refuge in him.
2. Children's Ministry must be Bible-saturated. This means that God's Word must permeate everything that we do. In 2 Timothy 3:15Paul reminds Timothy, "From childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus." Mere human works are not enough to guide our children to God - they need the Bible. Only God's Word can change hearts.
3. Children's Ministry must be Gospel-driven. We must be intentional to proclaim the Gospel to children and their families. Romans1:16 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes." This was the command of Christ in Mark 16:15,"Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation."
4. Children's Ministry must address the whole family.We recognize that God has called parents to be the primary faith-nurturers of children. Therefore, children's ministry should work with parents to assist them in fulfilling this calling. This means serving the parents as well as the children.
5. Children's Ministry is about serving kids. At the end of the day, we are working to help and serve the children. Our work is to put their ultimate spiritual needs ahead of our own. Our ministry becomes great as we excel in service. As Jesus says in Mark 9:35, ""If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all."
I hope that these thoughts have encouraged you to make your ministry about God, his Word, his Gospel and his families.